These cute little ring holders could not be easier to make & I love that they are so customizable!
- Using your white clay, get desired amount and roll into shape. Put more pressure on one end to create a small point and then flatten the thicker side so that it stands up on its own.
- Once they are your desired size & shape, put the ring cone standing up on your baking sheet.
- Preheat oven at 275° and once preheated put baking sheet with cones on it & bake for approximately 40 minutes. (The directions say about 15 minutes for every 1/4" so the time spent in oven may vary based on the size of your ring cones.)
- When finished baking pull out of oven and let cool.
- Nows the fun part! Grab your acrylic paints & brushes and paint your cones. You will need a couple of coats and let the acrylic paint dry between coats.
- After your acrylic paint is done drying, add gold accents using the liquid gold metallic paint. (I recommend doing this part outside or in a well ventilated area because the smell is s-t-r-o-n-g!)
- Once the acrylic paints and the liquid metal is all dry, add your glaze for a shiny finish. Make sure to let the glaze dry between coats.
- Once you are finished, let your ring cones dry for at least 24 hours before using them.